City Dawn features an intricate and geometric design of gold and silver triangles that work together to capture the eye.
Set for 4 – Tea Cups, Tea Saucers, Entrée Plates, Dinner Plates and Soup Bowls
Quality porcelain and bone china are the strongest ceramic dinnerware materials; they are fired at the highest temperatures and are made of the strongest ingredients. So you can use your finest china as often as you wish with as much confidence, or more, as your “everyday” set of dishes. But keep this in mind about all of your dinnerware, glassware and tableware: treat them with the respect that high quality, beautifully crafted products of any kind deserve. Although very strong, porcelain and bone china are still breakable if abused.
- If you have a dishwasher with a fine china/crystal cycle, please follow the dishwasher manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Some Noritake Fine China patterns incorporate delicate decorations and precious gold and platinum bands that may be harmed by repeated use of strong detergents.
Please avoid lemon-based detergents as this may cause pitting on the gold or platinum trim. We recommend the use of liquid-base detergent (e.g. Finish LIQUID) over poweder/tablets.
- Dishwashers clean tableware, but not always gently. Because plates, stemware and other items come in many sizes and shapes, they do not always fit perfectly into a dishwasher and can move around during washing. So load the dishwasher careful and avoid overloading that can lead to items rubbing or hitting against each other.
- Whether you are using the dishwasher or washing by hand, use the minimum amount of detergent necessary for cleaning and make sure your tableware is completely rinsed. An oily feeling or rainbow colored sheen generally means that detergents are still present and the harsh chemical action is continuing. Rinse well!
Care Advice for Formal Dinnerware
- After the drying cycle in your dishwasher is complete, let your tableware cool down to room temperature before handling. The heat temporarily softens metal such as gold or platinum.
- Never put anything with metal (gold or platinum in the pattern or on the rim) in the microwave oven.